Plan Your Visit: Feel at home
There are some who like to travel without any destination or schedules, some plan ahead and define circuits, attractions and timings.
Either way, we wish to welcome you in the Latito Hill… You will find a 39.000 m2 park where there are three National Monuments: The Guimarães Castle, the Church of S. Miguel and the Ducal Palace of the Bragança.
We are only closed four days a year so, other than that, you’ll find us with open arms.
You will find here all the information you will need but, if you need additional information, feel free to contact us through our e-mail or by phone.
The Guimarães Castle is undergoing restoration works, under the Recovery and Resilience Plan (PRR).
The works include the:
– Roof replacement of in the towers;
– Cleaning of invasive vegetation on the walls and towers, and sealing of joints;
– Rehabilitation of the rainwater system;
– Installation of two stairways and metal walkway along the wall-walk;
– Lighting of the wall-walk;
– Construction and installation of a reception and ticket office.
While these works are in progress, the access to the wall-walk and the keep is barred. However, visitors can freely access the place-of-arms, thus allowing one to see the interior of the walls and to observe the ongoing works.
Eventually, for reasons related to visitor safety, the Castle may be closed completely.
We apologize for any inconvenience.