Guimarães has a good road network with Highways that connect the city to the whole country and to Spain (A3, A7, A11 and A28).
One may also use the National Roads 101 (Valença – Guimarães – Mesão Frio), 105 (Porto – Guimarães), 106 (Entre-os-Rios – Guimarães) and 206 (Famalicão – Guimarães).
– Rua Conde Dom Henrique (payed parking area, 10 meters away, with one parking space for people with disabilities)
– Rua de D. Teresa (free parking, 450 meters away)
– Campo de S. Mamede (free parking, 400 meters away)
– Rua de D. Mafalda (free parking, 300 meters away)
– Rua D. Urraca (free parking, 300 meters away)
– Parking lot at the Largo Condessa Mumadona (payed parking lot, 400 meters away)
For information on train timetables click HERE.
The railway station in Guimarães is 1,5 km away (approximately 20 minutes on foot, through the Historical Center).
The Bus Station is 1,2 km away (approximately a 12 minutes on foot).
Outside the Bus Station one may seek the city bus system GuimaBus, whose timetables may be viewed HERE.
The Bus Station accommodates several companies that grant access to the major cities of the country.
The closest airport is the Francisco Sá Carneiro airport, in Porto, 40 minutes away by car (through the A3 and A7).
For information on the Shuttle Bus Porto Airport – Guimarães – Porto Airport, click here.
41º26’47” N; 08º17’28” O